Saturday, September 13, 2008

For OUR Troops

The September meeting was a lot of fun! The food was great, the company excellent, and the scenery beautiful (Thanks Jean!). we made neat little scarves with cooling beads in them to send to our troops. Stephanies daughter is in Iraq and we are sending a care package for her and her fellow soldiers. Everyone brought some wonderful things to put in the packages, ranging from paperback books, girly lotions, and candy from home. I hope they all enjoy it.
We also traded Fractured Fat Quarters last night. We got to see all the fat quarters (but our own, of coarse) and they were all brilliant! I know mine was too, because I heard a lot of "oooing" and "aaahing". I have already cut into the one that I brought home. It wasn't as difficult this time. I am having a lot of fun with this.
I have already pulled out some red, white, and blue fabrics. Now I have to learn some star blocks!





Finished products!

1 comment:

Katy said...

When Bennett and I were out there for our visit and about to embark on our 15-mile bike ride, Aunt Gayle gave us one of those awesome neck chiller things and I was AMAZED by them. I think it's great that you ladies are sending some overseas to people that could really get some use out of them!!