The October meeting was so much fun!! Thanks Liz, for hosting, and coming up with a project! The pumpkin men and ladies turned out so cute.
The fractured fat quarters are turning out so well. I have picked a favorite out of the bunch. I am sure everyone has. I am happy to say that every single quilt is amazing! (So I have been told.... I am only allowed to see 8 of the 9, but those 8 are incredible). In my own opinion, the first cut was the hardest. I always have trouble cutting a fresh, clean, piece of fabric. I enjoyed adding to the first pass. I LOVED adding to the second. The rule was to add a diaganol. I am sure it helped that I had my best friends fat quarter. I know her well and knew what colors she would enjoy. But I like to think that I would have had the same ease in cutting someone elses fat quarter. I am brewing up ideas for the one that I took home this month.
The good news is that we have 4 weeks until the next meeting to work on our fat quarter. The second Friday of the month falls as late as possible in November!
1 comment:
Those little pumpkin men and women are too cute!!
Post a Comment